Search This Blog

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Love, a gateway to long life

God promised His people a long life - Ex 23:26. This promise extends to you who are now a child of God. As a child of God, God is committed to you living long to fulfill your purpose. One of the conditions for living a long life is love as outlined is Psa 91:14-16:

“Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, And show him My salvation.”

This series of scripture ends with a promise of long life and starts with love. It is a revelation of God's love for you - John 3:16 - and your love for God that causes you to confess Jesus as Lord and Savior. A life committed to love is a life devoid of strife, malice and unforgiveness.

Strife, malice and unforgiveness are blessing blockers. Where these are present evil is present including a short, unfulfilled life - Jam 3:16. You must avoid everything that is contrary to the love of God. Friend, God's desire is that you will live long. As a child of God long life is part of your salvation package. Don't be deceived into thinking otherwise. Love is the foundation of this long life.




No comments: